- Faith in Focus: “A Higher Standard”
- Featured Presentation: How to Create a Porn-Free Home with Special Guest, Matt Dobschuetz
- Recommended resources:
- LYH48: How SI Swimsuit Issue Made me Wiser (a previous Leading You Home episode on the dangers of soft porn)
- Second Shift: How to Grow Your Part-Time Passion to Full-Time Influence
Faith in Focus: A Higher Standard (Matthew 5:27)
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.”
Featured Presentation: How to Create a Porn-Free Home
Special Guest: Matt Dobschuetz
- How a porn addiction starts and its dangerous journey
- The impact of pornography on your home and family relationships
- How to recover from a porn addiction
- Protecting your family in a porn-filled culture
- The spiritual impact of pornography
- and, much much more.
Some Vital Statistics about pornography among Christians:
The statistics for Christian men between 18 and 30 years old are particularly striking:
- 77 percent look at pornography at least monthly.
- 36 percent view pornography on a daily basis.
- 32 percent admit being addicted to pornography (and another 12 percent think they may be).
The statistics for middle-aged Christian men (ages 31 to 49) are no less disturbing:
- 77 percent looked at pornography while at work in the past three months.
- 64 percent view pornography at least monthly.
- 18 percent admit being addicted to pornography (and another 8 percent think they may be).
Even married Christian men are falling prey to pornography and extramarital sexual affairs at alarming rates:
- 55 percent look at pornography at least monthly.
- 35 percent had an extramarital sexual affair while married.
Source: The 2014 survey was commissioned by a nonprofit organization called Proven Men Ministries and conducted by Barna Group among a nationally representative sample of 388 self-identified Christian adult men.
If you have any questions, just leave it in the comments for this episode or leave a voicemail on my website
Feel free to leave me a voicemail message with any questions or concerns by going to HaroldArnold.com and clicking “Send Voicemail” on the right side of the screen.