- Featured Presentation: If It Ain’t Broke, Break It
In this episode, Dalia and I discuss the following important topics:
- The Power of Weakness — Alistair Begg (TruthforLife.Org)
- The Advantage of Weakness – Alistair Begg (TruthforLife.Org)
- Get your free Date Night Conversation Starters at UnfairMarriage.com
- The six signs that your marriage is “too good to grow”
- How and why to move your marriage to the express lane
- The right way to break your marriage
- Why you cannot settle for good enough in marriage
- and, much much more.
Faith in Focus: “The Strength of Weakness”
Featured Presentation: If It Ain’t Broke, Break It
- “To keep me from becoming conceited” (verse 7).
- “[Christ’s] power is made perfect in weakness” (verse 9).
- “So that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (verse 9).
- “When I am weak, then I am strong” (verse 10).
Far too many Christian couples have settled for “good enough” marriages. It’s unfortunate because too many have settled outside of the “promised land” of what their marriage potential could be. Couple are settling for good when God has invested them with potential for greatness. I believe that there are several signs that your marriage is “too good to grow”.
The Signs that Your Marriage is “Too Good to Grow”
- Your goals are underwhelming
- Your emotional intelligence is shallow
- Your vulnerability is veiled
- You settle for sex over intimacy
- Your interaction is more functional than transformational
- You worship from your fears more than your faith
- Which promise speaks most to you today?
Finally, I want to encourage your to break your marriage–the right way. Here are the seven ways that I would advise you to break it.
- Break from the pack
- Break your selfishness and pride
- Break the negative communication cycle
- Break the routine
- Break down your needs and goals
- Take a Break
- Break the Bank (The Trust Bank that is)
Finally, ask yourself this question, “Is my good enough marriage standing in the way of my great marriage?” If the answer is “Yes”, let me know how I can pray for you.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this episode.
Pick up your copy of my newly released book for marriages titled, The Unfair Advantage: A Grace-inspired Path to Winning at Marriage that will certainly give you a new perspective on the power of faith and prayer in your marriage. Click HERE to claim your free Date Night Conversation Starters.