- Featured Presentation: 17 Books, 17 Success Lessons (Part 2)
- Second Shift: How to grow your part-time passion to full-time influence – Dr. Harold Arnold
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
- The 5-Second Rule – Mel Robbins
- The E-Myth – Michael Gerber
- The Greatest Salesman in the World – Og Mandino
Faith in Focus: “Perfect Presence”
(Matthew 28:20, ESV)
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age”
Featured Presentation:17 Books, 17 Success Lessons (Part 2)
In this second of three related episodes, I discuss the action necessary for success in marriage, family, and life by examining the most important personal life lessons I gained from five books that iI read during 2017. Over these three episodes, I count down the books from #17 to #1.
- Book #11: The Power of Habit: Why we do what we do in life and business (Charles Duhigg)
- Success Lesson: Every habit has a trigger and a reward. Changing undesirable habits requires replacing them with preferred habits that when triggered elicit the same reward.
- Book #10 The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success (Darren Hardy)
- Success Lesson: There is no magic bullet for success. Instead, success is the sum of the many small decisions we make every day, which we perform consistently and over time.
- Book #9: The 5-Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage (Mel Robbins)
- Success Lesson:If you have an impulse to act on a goal, you must physically move within 5 seconds or your brain will kill the idea.
- Book #8: The E-Myth Revisited: Why most small businesses don’t work and what to do about it (Michael Gerber)
- Success Lesson: Rather than focusing on technical mastery, ultimate success in business at any level is about cultivating a system of attitudes and practices that become routine and automatic that could be taught to someone else when necessary.
- Book #7 The Greatest Salesman in the World (Og Mandino)
- Success Lesson:Your obedience to God’s purpose for you will touch the world in ways that you will never anticipate in your wildest imagination.
Pick up your copy of the best book I know for developing your own passions, especially in the midst of a crazy, busy life titled, Second Shift: How to grow your part-time passion to full-time influence that will certainly give you a new perspective on the power of pursuing your passion.