- Featured Presentation: 2014: The Year of Commitment
- Michael Hyatt’s “5 Days to Your Best Year Ever“
- A Simple Tribute to My Cousin, Leon Evans, Jr.
You can find the full blog post on this topic at haroldarnold.com/2014finale
Happy New Year! Welcome to 2015.
Over the course of this year, I have written many blog posts and recorded many podcasts in an effort to add value to my audience. As I look back over the year, it is interesting to see which posts and podcasts most resonated with you.
When I look at them it doesn’t take long to discern an underlying theme: “Commitment”.
I love the way that Lebron James, the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) most dominant player today, talks about commitment.
“Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There’s that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?”
I love this quote because it speaks to the multi-dimensionality of commitment. Commitment must be balanced. As James says, yes there is a commitment to winning. But, there is simultaneously a commitment to being a good person. Yes, there is a commitment to success. But, ultimately genuine success can only be measured in relationships.
My Five Most Popular Posts of 2014: Commitment in Review
- #1 ranked post: Marriage is NOT about love (Click link to read full article): Love is a Commitment.
- #2 ranked post: 10 Reasons I’m Glad I was a Virgin When I Married (Click link to read full article): Purity is a Commitment.
- #3 ranked post: My Vegetarian Breakthrough: Part I (Click link to read full article): Consecration is a Commitment.
- #4 ranked post: 3 Steps to Effectively Lead Your Home (Click link to listen to the podcast): Family leadership is a Commitment.
- #5 ranked post: How to Truly Apologize and Recover Your Relationship (Click link to read full article): Apology is a Commitment.
Leave me a comment a let me know what commitments are important to you for 2015.
Please do me a huge favor and click HERE to go to iTunes and leave me a rating and review. It will only take 2 minutes of your time. And, it means so much to me. And, just for you, I’ll give you a shout out on the next show.