- Featured Presentation: How to Raise Your Children to be Leaders (Part 1)
- A Tribute to the Charleston, SC nine who were slain
- Happy 2015 Father’s Day Tribute
- In studio guest: Quilan Arnold, MFA Dance Student (my son)
- Currently reading:
- “The Art of Work: A proven path to discovering what you were meant to do” by Jeff Goins [affiliate link]
The Case for Natural Born Leaders
The biblical book of Ephesians (2:10) phrases it this way, “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” In other words, the good works of your children and mine are a God thing. And, good works are always about influencing others towards the kingdom of God.
Leadership Begins at Home
Leadership development must begin in the home at the earliest ages because these are the years when a child’s self-perceptions are being formed. I firmly believe this principle is rooted in the well known biblical proverb, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6).
As parents, it is our job to keep their eyes focused on the spiritual purpose that is their birthright. Hence, we see the Proverbs 22:6 encouragement to “train up a child” has three pedagogical elements:
- Teach them to know their Creator
- Teach them to walk worthy of their Christian heritage
- Teach them to discern and pursue their life’s purpose
Five Steps to “Train up your child”
- Step 1: Start Early
- Step 2: Set High Expectations
- Step 3: Show, Don’t Tell
- Step 4: Stay Consistent
- Step 5: Reward Desired Behavior
What does “train up a child” mean to you? In what ways has this been easy or difficult for you? I would love to hear your comments.
Be sure to check back for part 2 of this series where we will focus on the next part of this verse, “Train up a child in the way he should go”. Looking forward to sharing these insights with you.
Get your FREE copy of the “10 Proven Steps to Extraordinary Influence” at haroldarnold.com
Check out the blog post HERE to read more about this.
Please do me a huge favor and click HERE to go to iTunes and leave me a rating and review. It will only take 2 minutes of your time. And, it means so much to me. And, just for you, I’ll give you a shout out on the next show.