- Featured Presentation: Eight Commitments to a Marriage Back Guarantee
- Get your free Date Night Conversation Starters at UnfairMarriage.com
Faith in Focus: “Trust Your Strength”
“The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”
Featured Presentation: Eight Commitments to a Marriage Back Guarantee
In the book of 2 Peter chapter 1, the Apostle Peter gives the recipe for an unfailing relationship with God, your spouse, and others. In a culture where marriages are falling apart all around us, you are just eight commitments away from from having a marriage that will never fall.
Here are the eight commitments that guarantee that your marriage will never fall.
8 Commitments to a Marriage Back Guarantee
Commitment #1: I will Pursue an Active Faith
Commitment #2: I will Invest in Virtue
- I will invest my full energy to demonstrate godly virtue and remain aligned as a couple, even when our differences and circumstances challenge the character of our marriage.
Commitment #3: I will Empower Knowledge
- I commit to the pursuit of godly knowledge as to how to best accept, agree and affirm God’s full purpose for us as individuals and as a couple.
Commitment #4: I will Negotiate Self-control
- I commit to a level of trust in God such that my life demonstrates an attitude of contentment with His provision for our marriage.
Commitment #5: I will Commit to Persevere
- I commit the best part of me to keeping our marriage moving toward God and, as a redemptive spouse, modeling Christ who covers all our needs.
Commitment #6: I will Embrace a Godly Lifestyle
- I commit to a lifestyle in which I expect our difficulties to shape our marriage into a vessel of honor and an altar of worship to God.
Commitment #7: I will Serve with Mutual Affection
- I commit to be my spouse’s best friend who prioritizes his/her needs, advocates for his/her godly desires and challenges you to experience the best God has to offer.
Commitment #8: I will Imitate Unfailing Love
- I commit to walk by your side for a lifetime with an unfailing love that worships God and channels the light of Christ into life’s dark places.
After laying out this beautiful and powerful commitment cascade, scripture tells us that those who do these eight commitments in “increasing measure” will never fall. That phrase “increasing measure” is critical. You can’t stay in a comfort zone. You have to keep pushing your investment in these commitments. To not do so is to be distant from God, the Father.
I want you to have a marriage that never falls. Your children need that. Your family needs that. Our world needs that.