- Featured Presentation: 17 Books, 17 Success Lessons (Part 3)
- Second Shift: How to grow your part-time passion to full-time influence – Dr. Harold Arnold
- The Magic of Thinking Big – David Schwartz
- Never Split the Difference – Cliff Voss
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – Marshall Goldsmith
- Building a Story Brand – Don Miller
- The Go-Giver – Bob Berg & Jon Mann
- Thou Shalt Prosper – Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Faith in Focus: “Heart Work”
(Colossians 3:23, NIV)
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters”
Featured Presentation:17 Books, 17 Success Lessons (Part 3)
The last two episodes focused on the books that I read in 2017 that challenged my mindset of success in marriage, family, and life and gave me the tools for productivity. Check out those episodes.
In this final of three related episodes, the underlying message is about your “story” and the relationships in your life that make up your story. Your grand story is not just about you. It is inextricably tied into a grander narrative of our humanity — and for us Christians, the Kingdom of God. As we go through this episode, search yourself for how each idea speaks to your life’s relationships.
- Book #6: The Magic of Thinking Big (David Schwartz)
- Success Lesson: Success is not so much about how big you are or how big your company is, it’s about how big your thinking is, and how it makes others feel.
- Book #5 Never Split the Difference (Chris Voss)
- Success Lesson: Embrace an authentic ‘No’ response over a superficial ‘YES’.
- Book #4: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There (Marshall Goldsmith)
- Success Lesson: The higher you go the more your problems are behavioral. Interpersonal behavior is the difference between being great and near great.
- Book #3: Building a Story Brand (Donald Miller)
- Success Lesson: Your customers and followers don’t care about your story. They care about their own.
- Book #2 The Go-Giver (Bob Berg & Jon Mann)
- Success Lesson: Success in life, business, and ministry is learning how to give more of your authentic you.
- Book #1 Thou Shall Prosper (Rabbi Daniel Lapin)
- Success Lesson: Money and business are actually spiritual endeavors. They involve spiritual characteristics such as faith and trust. And, every one of us is in the BUSINESS of managing your resources and goals.
Pick up your copy of the best book I know for developing your own passions, especially in the midst of a crazy, busy life titled, Second Shift: How to grow your part-time passion to full-time influence that will certainly give you a new perspective on the power of pursuing your passion.